Timothy McCarthy Law
Fort Collins, CO
Tim McCarthy is an experienced trial lawyer with a solid foundation of fourteen years providing legal counsel and advice. Tim takes pride in getting answers and explanations necessary for his clients to make informed decisions and find solutions - in or out of the courtroom. Having worked hard to obtain his dream career in law, his previous work and life experience adds a perspective that other attorneys may not be able to provide. Please email his private practice by clicking on the blue icon below or call him for a free 30 minute consultation.
Providing a voice for people in tough situations who want to do good things.
- Responding to allegations of child abuse or neglect
- Navigating child care and custody disputes, post DR order modification of parenting plans & visitation
- Working with families with children involved in the juvenile justice system
- Creating estate paperwork including wills, medical and financial powers of attorney
- Addressing civil or employment law issues encountered by small businesses
- Criminal defense against charges including DUI, drug charges, fraud or property crimes
- Assisting college students facing criminal charges and their families
- Educating and legal advocacy for grandparents' rights
- Filing of adoption and finalization hearings
Case experience includes other practice areas. Send a request to discuss your situation.
Questions? Call: 970-560-1907
Tim has been practicing law in Colorado for fourteen years, spending some time with law firms but primarily working as a solo practitioner. This time has involved constant Court appearances and extensive experiences working with families addressing sensitive issues concerning their children. Employment Law, Criminal Law and Civil Law experience accumulated when working with business owners, college students or hard-working people facing legal issues who needed someone who could understand and give advice on how best to move forward.
Twenty years working in restaurant kitchens (as everything from a Dishwasher to a Chef) before he attended Case Western Reserve University Law School has given him rare life experiences possessed by few attorneys. Tim believes this gives him a unique ability to relate to people from all walks of life, which leads to more effective representation.
Washing dishes as a college student, Tim worked a variety of positions in the restaurant industry, ultimately becoming a Sous Chef at the top French restaurant in Carmel, California. He managed a kitchen for a 500-bed hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and taught at the Culinary Institute in Denver. Coupled with his Bachelors of Science in Business Administration earned in Denver, this experience enables Tim to see challenges from a busines owner and management perspective as well.
Tim is in the process of revising his marketing plan and branding for his private practice. This site is under construction and more content will be added at a later time. He keeps overhead costs low by working out of a mobile office and will make arrangements for face to face meetings once you speak via phone or email.